Tuesday, January 10, 2023
2:00 – 3:00 pm (Eastern Time)
1:00 – 2:00 pm (Central Time)
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Mountain Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Pacific Time)
This timely payments webinar will discuss the proper handling of returns items and how to meet required return time-frames. Handling of adjustments under the ECCHO Rules and the FRB Rules will be discussed in detail.
You need to determine:
- Is this a Return or an Adjustment?
- What time frames apply?
- Will the item be handled via a private exchange or through the Federal Reserve?; and
- Are my rights based on Regulation CC, ECCHO rules or Federal Reserve rules?
Understanding which rules or agreements apply is a critical of knowing the requirements to resolve check returns or adjustment entries and the recent evolution to check collections through image presentment makes understanding the difference even more important.
This check webinar will address the rights of the paying bank for the return of checks and how to make an adjustment claim against the depository bank when necessary, thus, mitigating and potentially reducing overall risk to banks and credit unions.
What Attendees Will Learn:
- Proper time-frame for handling Fed adjustments
- Proper time-frame for handling ECCHO adjustments
- Return rules identified in Regulation CC
- Understanding of the returns hierarchy
Join WesPay for this informative webinar and we’ll keep you informed and updated on the many aspects of check returns.
1.0 CPE Credits & 1.2 AAP Credits