Friday, January 20, 2023
12:00 – 1:00 pm (Eastern Time)
11:00 – 12:00 pm (Central Time)
10:00 – 11:00 am (Mountain Time)
9:00 – 10:00 am (Pacific Time)
With recent news of the heightened risks associated with cyrptocurrencies, bankers need to understand what these new digital payments are and the risks involved.
Without a doubt, Fintech companies have ushered in a new era of payment solutions that is outpacing and outmaneuvering the traditional banking industry. In 2019, JPMorgan Chase introduced its own cryptocurrency. Morgan Stanley has offered blockchain-based investment products since 2018. Today, the U.S. has more than 8,000 merchants that accept bitcoin payments. The impact of these new technologies is transforming not just how, where and when payments are made, but consumers’ behavior and expectations.
The road is still rocky, however, as reports of failures in different cryptocurrency markets have recently shown. Financial institutions seeking to better understand the growing capabilities in the cryptocurrency industry won’t want to miss this event. This MUST ATTEND webinar covers all of the cryptocurrency basics. No prior knowledge is required! We explain what cryptocurrency is and how the blockchain works in an easy-to-follow format.
- Overview of cryptocurrencies and the blockchain technology
- Bitcoin mining
- Cryptocurrency exchange regulations
- Regulatory and legal considerations pertaining to cryptocurrencies and digital payments
- The influence of emerging payment systems on banks and financial institutions
- Risk management considerations and strategic guidance for managing risk
- Determining what qualifies as money in the new payments landscape
- Why are banks so cautious? Key issues and challenges relating to cryptocurrency
- How banks can get involved in the cryptocurrency industry
1.0 CPE Credits & 1.2 AAP Credits